Helping Students Realize a Dream
Membership Has Its Privileges
The Toronto Transportation Club (TTC) is pleased to offer financial assistance to deserving students entering post-secondary education. Proceeds from our events are used to ensure that our Scholarship Fund can continue to deliver support to the students who need our help in realizing their dream of a higher education.
As a member of the TTC for one (1) calendar year, you are eligible to have your dependent child (including grandchildren, adopted children, stepchildren and wards in legal guardianship) apply for offered scholarships.
Scholarships are open to graduating students entering their first year of studies at an accredited University or Community College and will be paid annually to a maximum of four years.
An independent adjudicator reviews all applications in confidence and grants the Scholarship Award accordingly.
Other Educational Support
In addition to the scholarship opportunities offered to TTC Members and their dependents, the TTC also supports students in the Supply Chain Management course at Humber College.
The TTC has pledged its financial assistance for a three-year Scholarship Program to Humber's post-degree registrants. With your support, future generations in the transportation business will have the opportunity to accelerate their own career as well as the industry
Recent Changes to the Scholarship Program
NEW – Applicants can be a dependent of any full time working employee of a corporate membership. Applicants do not have to be named as a corporate member and simply must be an employee of the organization named as a corporate member.
NEW – There will be four (4) scholarships awarded each year, to four individuals for a maximum of four (4) years, at $2000.00 per year, as long as that student remains in a post secondary education in an accredited College, or University.
Important Facts Surrounding the Toronto Transportation Club’s Scholarship Program & Trust
The Toronto Transportations Club’s Scholarship Trust is managed by three individuals who are independent of the board of directors & executive board members.
- The scholarship trust contracts an independent certified educational Adjudicator who receives all the applications directly from the applicants, vets the legitimacy of the application by confirming & obtaining official transcripts, confirming community involvement, volunteerism, and any other notable contributions & considerations to the application
- All applications are treated equally and based solely on merit by the independent party
- Scholarship eligibility is strictly for members of the TTC (not for the entire member company’s staff)
- Members must be in good standing for one (1) calendar year & listed in the official roster
- Eligible dependent children are described as grandchildren, adopted children, stepchildren and wards in legal guardianship
- By laws state; d) Scholarship Trustee Committee; The Nominating committee will nominate four (4) trustees including the current Executive Director, and minimum one Past President to actively review investigate, report, and recommend changes in the scholarship investment trust as authorized, directed, and approved by the Board of Directors. These Trustees will be approved in entirety at each AGM, or Special Meeting under the quorum 1(a) rules
- Payable in Canadian Dollars
How to Apply for a Scholarship
Apply by Mail
Please fill out the Scholarship Application form in full and mail to the address below. Applications must be postmarked no later than June 30, 2020 to be eligible. Original supporting documentation (as outlined in the Scholarship Application form) must be postmarked no later than August 15, 2020. Copies or scans are not acceptable.
39 Silverlace Circle,
Stoney Creek, Ont. L8E 6A6
Apply by Email
Please fill out the Scholarship Application form in full, scan, then email to the address below by June 30, 2020. Please note that only the application can be sent via email. All supporting documents must be in their original form and received by mail no later than August 15, 2020.